We’re all feeling the effects of the global quarantine amidst a pandemic. A lot of life has changed in the past 2 months. Almost 10% of the US workforce has filed for unemployment, that’s 1 out of every 10 people. The other 90% has adjusted to new working conditions, whether it’s working remotely or higher risk environments. Life has definitely changed.
These times make you think about how to survive financially, mentally, physically or creatively. It’s almost like life has taken a pause. For those that have so much time on their hands, it leaves the mind to wander for hours. So much time to think, worry or plan.
On a positive note, working from home has given a lot of people a breath of fresh air. Some of us were raised with workaholic immigrant parents who started their lives from the ground up and taught to work hard to live the “America dream”. Following those footsteps, we are caught into the same routine every single day. Wake up, work hard all day, tire yourself out Monday thru Friday, be unmotivated Saturday, dread Sunday and repeat into a constant cycle. With the pandemic, it’s caused millions of people to pause their daily routines to stay home. So much time on everyone’s hands. Despite what’s going on, being home for the past month gave a lot of us room to breathe, create projects for fun, reach out to friends to make sure they are okay.
No one ever expected this to happen to any of us. We definitely stretched our world to its limits. Earth has been given time to heal. Humanity has been given time to heal as well. Drawing these plants helped me find therapy in all this mess. Do whatever it is to keep you sane during these times and just hang in there.